Thursday, July 10, 2014

SheaMoisture REVIEW!! African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo

Hey everyone! This will be my first but hopefully not last hair product review on this blog so let's get into it. As you know I love SheaMoisture products and truly swear by the Curl & Shine shampoo but I wanted to try this out since I kept hearing it was a great clarifying shampoo which is something we should all do ever couple of months if we want our products to keep working as then should.

First off let me start by saying that this shampoo smells so yummy and fruity although I've heard people not liking it since it's heavy of the plantain/banana variety. I also noticed that the constancy of it was much runnier than my staple shampoo. This shampoo is much different in the fact that it doesn't lather a lot. With my usual SheaMoisture shampoo there is almost an explosion of lather but with this one barely any bubbles (I lathered twice just to be sure). The lack of lather made me wonder if it was working but when I rinse my hair and scalp were CLEAN. Not squeaky, unsettling clean like a traditional clarifying shampoo that makes use natural/curly girls cringe because we know it'll take weeks for our hair to recover, but a clean that greatly surpassed my other shampoo. I still needed to condition my hair but it wasn't stripped or a matted mess like with most clarifying shampoo. I can not speak on the dry, itchy scalp claim since I don't have that issue but I believe that the it does what the label claims which is deeply cleansing the scalp and hair.

Bottom line: I recommend this shampoo if you need to clarify or if you have a dry, itchy scalp. However, I would not recommend this as an everyday or every week shampoo simply because it is a clarifier and isn't necessary every time you wash your hair. I also recommend following up with a good deep conditioner.

-xoxo, Jasmine 

No comments:

Post a Comment